SEDGWICK COUNTY — Law enforcement authorities are investigating detention deputies for allegedly using, distributing and selling steroids, according to Sedgwick County Sheriff Jeff Easter.
The activity had been going on for a year and apparently took place outside the facility. It does not appear any illegal steroids were introduced into the jail.
The following employees are being investigated are assigned to the Detention Bureau:
- 27 year old White Male Employed 4 years
- 28 year old White Male Employed 4 ½ years
- 40 year old White Male Employed 16 years
- 27 year old White Male Employed 6 ½ years
- 29 year old White Male Employed 3 years
- 46 year old White Male Employed 15 years
- 28 year old White Male Employed 3 years
- 25 year old White Female Employed 3 years
Three of these are believed to have sold the illegal steroids. The officers include two corporals. No charges have been filed.
After the criminal case is concluded, it will be presented to the District Attorney’s Office. The crimes being investigated are:
KSA 21-5705 (a) (6) Unlawful Distribution of a Controlled Substance (Felony)
KSA 21-5706 (b) (5) Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance (Class A Nonperson Misdemeanor)